Carla is on the cover of the November 2008 issue of 24/7 Magazine.
The cover article is entitled Chasing Carla Humphries
- Photography: Steve Tirona
- Makeup: Yuki Geraldo of Make Up For Ever
- Hair: Edgar Dominguez and Dennis Agaton of Hairworks Salon Greenbelt 5
- Styling: Candy Reyes
- All dresses: Tyler
- Shoes: Stella Luna, Shutz, Lyn
- Jewelry: Stylist's own
- Special thanks to Erica Licad of Adora for the shoot venue and Mon Eugenio of Myron's for hosting the lunch
Carla Humphries, the doe-eyed international model, and willowy ingénue of the local small and silver screen, may seem untouchable. The 20 year-old sets things straight with 24/7, and gets real about being a klutz, getting recognized on the street, shopping, and what she really wants for Christmas.
You keep on saying that you're a klutz, but it's hard to believe that, looking at you now.
When I was younger, in Paris , I broke my arm twice on roller skates. The third time was when I fell from a horse while modelling. When I was in school, I broke my left hand and my left knee. I fell down the stairs when I was in the swimming team. My teammate was brushing my wet hair while we were going down the stairs and she tugged too hard and I fell down.
Do you still get embarrassed whenever that happens?
Being accident-prone helps me be more kenkoy (goofy). When you fall down a lot, you don't get embarrassed anymore. You're used to it. Oftentimes in acting, you take on a character that oftentimes makes a fool of herself. It helps me that way.
You've been in a few soaps now, like ABS CBN's Bituing Walang Ningning and Abt Ur Luv , and the movie For the First Time with KC Concepcion and Richard Gutierrez, do you get recognized on the street now?
I don't expect it, but people actually know who I am. And whenever somebody does recognize me, it's flattering, but at the same time, I always hope that whenever my fans see me, I would not be doing anything embarrassing.
You seem like a girl who likes shopping. Is that true?
I like shopping, but I'm a one-time-big-time person because I'm also very kuripot (stingy) — but not with my parents' money (laughs). I like buying things for people and I don't mind spending a lot of my money on them. If it's for myself, I think about it a hundred times before buying it, but curiously I end up buying things that I don't get to use and losing out on purchases that I really like.
If you can have anything in the world, what would you put on your wish list?
- I want to be able to travel the world and learn about cultures.
- I want to be a princess.
- I want to learn how to speak all the languages so no matter which country I go to, I would be able to converse with the locals with ease.
- I want to go to Hollywood, and win an award.
- I want to act in a biographical movie of a famous person.
- I want to own a country.
- Restaurant: Zumi, Cyma, People's Palace. I also like to eat in different places. I'm the type of person you can take anywhere.
- Dish: I love sweets. I only eat the main course so I can get to the dessert.
- Drink: Thai Iced Tea, Mint Iced Tea in Cibo
- Getaway: the beach in Batangas, Italy
- Artist: Michael Bubblé, Maria Mena