Sunday, June 10, 2007

Carla in Chalk's June 2007 Issue

Chalk Magazine, June 2007 issue
A Touch of Audrey

Photography (Lead) Pat Mateo (Products) Paolo Valenzuela. Makeup Sabs Hernandez for Lancome Paris using Bronze Tropique Collection. Hair Tony for L'Oreal Professional

Click here for a full page scan of the article.

* * *

Carla Humphries' room captures her love of Audrey Hepburn and French culture.

"I am not really girly, I am not even kikay," asserts 19-year-old Carla Humphries, born of a French-American dad and Filipina mom. "I'm more of a whatever-type of girl, although my room is pink."

When Carla's family moved into a two-storey penthouse unit, the initial decor of the room was exploding with colors, Korean-inspired and decorated with plastic furniture. It now looks more subtle, tempered by her simplicity.

"Less is more," she states. "I guess when anyone enters one's space, a lot of personality gets integrated. The room became more of me." The result is a room with European flair ("It's not country-style," she corrects me) and dominated with Audrey Hepburn influence, with a huge portrait smack at the center of the room. --SC

No comments: