Thursday, April 19, 2007

Carla on Victor and Janus

People's Journal

FREEHAND
By: Mario E. Bautista

Link to original article

THE ratings of ‘Abt Ur Luv’ in its second season continues to go up. And why not? Its lovable young stars are endearing themselves to more fans.

One of the most engaging love stories in the show is that of Carla Humphries and Victor Basa. Victor is Stick, a gym instructor, and Carla is Brenda, an organized girl who falls in love with him. In the first season, they went steady and everything is okay until Brenda sees Stick kissing her best friend, Celine (Denise Laurel). Brenda got mad but still tried to save their relationship.

In the second season, they have decided to call it quits. Is there hope for them to reconcile or at least still be friends?

We got to interview Carla and asked her if her off cam relationship with Denise was really affected by their rivalry over Victor? “No, we remain the best of friends,” she says. “Last Holy Week, she invited me to spend it in their beach house in Matabungkay with her family. It was the first time I didn’t spend Holy Week with my own family and I enjoyed it kasi kami-kaming nagluluto, e I enjoy cooking.”

Is Victor really wooing her off cam? “I don’t know. I don’t want to jump to conclusions naman. But last Holy Week, he surprised me at dinalaw ako kina Denise. Tapos, when I say I’ll buy popcorn, uunahan na niya ako and buy some for me. Even with Janus (Del Prado, her first boyfriend), hindi ko alam na nililigawan na pala niya ako. He just talked to my mom at sinabing he’s courting me.”

Janus said he felt so hurt when she ended their relationship. He locked himself up in his room for weeks and got drunk. “I’m sorry kung nasaktan ko siya. I just want time to heal everything so we’ll be comfortable with each other again. But I heard some weeks lang after we broke up, may bago na siyang girlfriend. Ako nga, wala pa.”

Carla impressed viewers with her fine acting as Angelika de la Cruz’s younger sister in “Bituing Walang Ningning.” “I’m hoping mabigyan sana uli ako ng bagong soap. As of now, I’m in the movie ‘Sana Ay Ikaw Na’ of Piolo Pascual and Regine Velasquez. Mark Bautista and I play Piolo’s friends in it.”

Meantime, she’s enjoying "Abt Ur Luv" which is aired Saturdays at 4 p.m. “Masaya kami lagi sa set and we’ve all become good friends ng other cast members.”

This Saturday’s episode, “Patak Patak Tuesday” shows the effects of a carnapping-holdup that the teens experienced have on them. It teaches them the meaning of responsibility, honesty, and the value of money as they embark on various projects to generate funds and recover their losses.

No comments: