Friday, December 01, 2006

New Love Team

December 01, 2006

Freehand
By Mario Bautista

Link to original article

STAR Magic’s Rikka Dylim presented their newest love team in “Ab Ur Luv”: Carla Humphries, 18, and Victor Basa, 21. Carla plays Brenda, the cousin of Shaina Magdayao and sister of Empress Schuck. She leads a peaceful and orderly life. Victor is Stick, a hunky gym instructor. When the show started last Saturday, they confessed their love for each other and are now going steady. Victor is Carla’s second partner. She was first paired with Janus del Prado in “Qpids” and they really became sweethearts for almost one year. What caused the breakup?

“Magkaiba kami,” she says. “Iba ang sense of humor niya. Kung minsan, hindi ko nage-gets.”
How does she like Victor? “Okay. Mabait. Very quiet. E, ako madaldal, so we complement each other. May HD na nga ako sa kanya.”

HD stands for Hidden Desire. And how does Victor find Carla? “Very pleasant,” he says. “Everytime I see her, she’s always smiling. I’m very comfortable with her. When I saw our picture together, I realized okay palang chemistry namin. I hope the public will like our love team.”

They say he’s the most serious cast member of “Ab Ur Luv.” “Siguro because I’m the eldest. The other guys like Angelo Patrimonio, Rayver Cruz and Enchong Dee are still in their teens. Also, it’s because I’m very disciplined. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke.”

And he’s still a virgin. Something that surprises most people who think all young men and women today are “pakawala” with loose morals. “I come from a conservative and religious family,” he says.

Victor started as a ramp model for Penshoppe when he was 19. “Joining showbiz with shows like ‘Crazy for You’ and ‘ASAP’ made me a familiar face so when I appear on the ramp now, grabe na ang response. Dati, wala lang, e.”

“Ab Ur Luv” is a refreshing series about life, friendship, young love and being real, made in the tradition of hit ABS youth shows like “Gimik” and “Tabing Ilog,” with a new generation of young stars. It airs Saturdays at 5 p.m., after “Let’s Go.”

Tag: Press, Abt Ur Luv

No comments: